Rooting your device is common on all Yu devices because you will not lose warranty. Rooting gives Super user permissions so that you can access more with your Phone. A lot of apps are available which gives more efficient output with root access. You can use custom ROMs on your phone. You can also install some Apps that are not combative without root. You can extant your battery life. You can also save your data that is eaten up by some apps. So let’s move to the tutorial.
Important Before rooting:
Make a backup of your complete data because rooting will erase whole internal space and apps installed on it.
Your battery should be at least 30 %.
Your phone will not lose warranty so don't worry.
Do this procedure at your own risk because I'm not responsible if anything happens to your phone.
Laptop or Personal computer with Windows OS.
Drivers, adb and fastboot or download from here and extract it.
[Note:Red colour: denotes download links and Blue colour denotes commands.]
Rooting Yutopia has 2 steps:
- Unlocking bootloader
- Installing custom Recovery and superSU app.
Step 1: Unlocking Bootloader:
- Go to settings => open about phone and tap 7 times on "Build Number". It will turn on developer’s option.
- In settings go to Developers option and turn on USB debugging, turn on OEM Unlocking.
- Turn Off your phone. Now press and hold volume up button and connect to pc via USB cable.
- You phone will boot to bootloader and pc will start installing drivers. Wait till drivers get installed.
- Now open extracted folder and press shift key right click anywhere in folder and select "open command prompt here".
- In command window type the following command: fastboot -i 0x2A96 devices
- If device is connected then you will get output as shown in image. If not then device is not connected because of driver problems so install drivers again.
- If output is same the type: fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock
- Let the procedure gets complete. That’s it, Now disconnect you phone and reboot your phone.
Step 2: Installing Custom Recovery and root access:
- Download 2 files custom recovery from here and SuperSU app zip from here. Now copy SuperSU update.zip into your phone internal storage.
- Now turn on "USB debugging" and turn off "update cyanogen recovery" in developer’s option.
- Now again turn off your phone. Press and volume up and connect to pc and let the drivers install.
- Now open the folder where you placed your recovery.img file.
- To flash recovery type following command: fastboot -i 0x2A96 boot recovery.img
- Now you phone will boot to TWRP recovery. (or manually boot to recovery, press and hold volume down and power button together).
- Select install and select the SuperSU update.zip and swipe to flash. Let it flash SuperSU app.
- That it, your phone is rooted now. Enjoy Super user permissions.
If you have any query then comment below. I will give you the best answer possible.